Q: Do you have a protectant on the table to prevent spills and stains?
A: Yes. Each table we make has a layer of sealer protectant on it that helps prevent from stains, spills and anything your child might decide to use on it… Yes, we’ve had kids test these and oh do we have stories…
Q: Can I add another coat of sealer to it down the road for extra protection?
A: Absolutely. Sand it down with a “fine” sand block (lightly) to get the small wear spots level all over and then apply a coat. You can use a polyurethane oil or water based product. Use a water base if for any tables (kitchen/dining) that you will be eating off of.
Tips and Care For Wood Furniture:
Never use all purpose cleaning sprays on the wood furniture (unless there is a plastic coating on top). If there are sticky spots on the wood, use a light, damp (little soap) to wipe and then use a dry, soft cloth to wipe the area.
- Dust with soft dry cloth.
- Do not leave spills unattended.
- Do not use liquid or aerosol products.
- Wood characteristics: grain, knots, pitting, mineral deposits.
- Expansion and contraction will occur with changes in humidity.
- Seasonal splitting and checking are inherent to this product.
- Do not use abrasive cleaner.
- Avoid direct sunlight.
- Color and natural veining will vary with each piece.
- Do not use any acidic or corrosive liquids on the tabletop.
- Keep away from extreme heat such as radiators or heating vents.